Htaccess Redirect Generator
Redirect your website from www to non-www or from non-www to www using our Redirect Generator. Paste your website URL in the search bar, select the redirection type, and click Generate.
About Htaccess Redirect Generator
If you want to create a redirect code for your website to redirect one version to another to avoid duplicated pages, it may take some time. With the help of this tool, you can do that in no time.
Htaccess Redirect Generator by SEOStudio is a free online tool that allows users to generate code for redirecting their website from www to non-www or from non-www to www to put it in the .htaceess file. This tool is useful for website owners who want to maintain a consistent domain name across their site and avoid any duplicate page issues that can arise from having multiple versions of the same website.
How to Use SEOStudio Htaccess Redirect Generator Tool?
It is a simple and easy-to-use tool, and to use it simply enter your domain name into the input field and select whether you want to redirect from www to non-www or the opposite, then click "Generate" and the tool will generate the code you need to implement the redirect in your .htaccess file. Here are the steps for this:
- Copy your website URL or domain.
- Paste the URL inside the search bar of this tool.
- Select the redirection type, "from www to non-www" or "from non-www to www"
- Click the "Generate" button.
- Copy the generated code and paste it inside your .htaccess in your website root folder.
Why use an Htaccess Redirect Generator tool?
There are several reasons why you might want to use an Htaccess Redirect Generator tool and here are some of them:
- To maintain a consistent domain name: Redirecting your website from www to non-www or vice versa can help ensure that all visitors see the same domain name, which can help with branding and avoid any potential confusion.
- To avoid duplicate content issues: Having multiple versions of your website (e.g., www vs. non-www) can lead to issues with duplicate content, which can negatively impact your search engine rankings. By redirecting to a single version of your website, you can avoid this problem.
- To comply with SEO best practices: Implementing redirects in the .htaccess file is a recommended best practice for SEO, as it helps ensure that search engines can properly crawl and index your website.
Where Do I Find The Htaccess File On My Website?
The .htaccess file is typically located in the root directory of your website. This is the directory where your main index file is located (e.g., public_html, public, www). If you're not sure where the root directory is or you didn't find it, contact your web hosting provider.